Ginisang Tahong or Sauteed Mussels with Sprite, is another example of Filipino ingenuity in the kitchen. This dish uses the fewest ingredients possible to create a delectable seafood soup. You can have a cheap and easy-to-make bowl of Ginisang Tahong with sauteed fresh mussels and flavorful seasonings cooked in lemon soda.
Tahong (mussels), being the principal component, have a flavor that matches their nutritional value. This type of shellfish has a lot of healthy fats and vitamins. Tahong aid in the improvement of brain functions as well as the reduction of inflammatory diseases.
Tahong just like any other shellfish, are also high in minerals and protein, which contains all of the important amino acids. Their protein level is higher than that of finned fish. Tahong’s protein is easily digestible, so the body reaps the full benefits.
Protein is important for your general health since it helps you grow muscle, improve your immune system, strengthen your bones, and heal injuries. Tahong supply 40% of the daily protein requirement for the average individual in just three ounces.
Cooking mussels does not have to be intimidating. This Ginisang Tahong recipe is simple to prepare and inexpensive. It will walk you through the process of making a delectable Ginisang Tahong step by step.
— 1 kg Mussels (Tahong)
— 3 tablespoon butter or margarine
— 1 medium-size chopped onions
— ground black paper
— 1 tablespoon fish sauce (patis)
— 3 cloves garlic
— sliced ginger
— 2 cups lemon soda (sprite)
Cooking Ginisang Tahong: A Step-by-Step Guide:
1. Grease the pan with butter or margarine and heat it over low-medium heat.
2. Once the butter has completely melted, brown the sliced ginger in a skillet. After that, add the garlic and onion, chopped.
3. Carefully add the mussels once the seasonings have become aromatic. For a minute, stir-fry the mussels in the pan.
4. After that, completely cover the pan with its lid. Allow for at least 3 minutes of simmering time.
5. After that, remove the cover and pour the lemon soda (Sprite) down. Season to taste with fish sauce, salt, and pepper, use as much as you like.
6. To ensure that the mussels are cooked evenly on all sides, keep stirring them constantly. Cover with the pan lid for another 8-10 minutes.
7. Transfer the heated mussels and their liquid to a large mixing bowl.