The most well known brand when it comes to photographic film products and also for its tagline “Kodak moment” will also join the smartphone arena as Kodak introduces Ektra.
It comes with a 21 Megapixel Sony camera along with DSLR-like camera interface in which scene types, exposure, ISO, white balance and also shutter speed could be controlled while shooting a photograph.
Furthermore, Kodak included a non-reflective layer on the lens.
The Kodak Ektra appears like a slimmer point-and-shoot digicam. You will find a dedicated shutter press button which has horizontal two-step release, a fairly easy to grip design when capturing photographs along with a textured finish.
The camera is circled by a steel rim having markings identical to a digital camera. It does not function a purpose for photography though; apart from safeguarding the camera component.
Additionally, Kodak offers an add-ons for the Ektra – a case along with a pouch in which the two made from leather.
When it comes to the unit’s specs, the Kodak Ektra is really a qualified to be called a smartphone. Under the hood is a Helio-X20 deca core processor chip from MediaTek, 3GB of RAM and Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system.
A scratch proof coating of Corning Gorilla Glass shields the 5 inches full High-Definition screen and also the camera itself. There is a 32GB of built-in storage space, a microSD card port for as much as 128GB memory cards in addition to a USB Type-C port.
It can hook up to 4G LTE networks and dual band Wi-Fi while a 3000mAh battery powers the unit.
Unfortunately, the Kodak Ektra are only obtainable in European Union countries. There’s an official price tag of €499 which is approximately ₱26,000.00 in the Philippines.
Kodak Ektra Technical Specifications
- 5.0 Inch Full HD IPS Display (1080 x 1920 Pixels, 441 ppi)
- Scratch Resistant Corning Gorilla Glass
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS
- MediaTek MT6797 (Helio X20) Chipset
- 2.3GHz Dual Core Cortex-A72, 2.0GHz Quad Core Cortex-A53 and 1.4GHz Quad Core Cortex-A53 CPUs
- Mali T880 MP4 GPU
- 3GB of RAM
- 21.0 Megapixel Main Camera with PDAF and dual-LED Flash
- 4K Video Recording with OIS
- 13.0 Megapixel Front Camera
- 32GB Internal Storage
- Expandable Up to 128GB via MicroSD
- Single SIM (nano-SIM)
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE and GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band)
- Bluetooth 4.1
- A-GPS with GLONASS
- FM Radio
- USB OTG
- USB Type-C
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Proximity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- 147.8 × 73.35 × 9.69 ~ 14.02 mm @ 163.8 g
- 3000mAh Battery