Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso bared that he signed City Ordinance No. 8700 on Wednesday (December 9), which raises the salary grade (SG) of nurses working in six city hospitals and the Manila Health Department (MHD).
Jansen Romero/File Photo/Manila Bulletin
The six city government hospitals in Manila include Gat Andres Bonifacio Memorial Medical Center, Ospital ng Tondo, Justice Abad Santos Medical Center, Ospital ng Sampaloc, Ospital ng Maynila, and Sta. Ana Hospital.
The Ordinance also modifies “the position attributes of the next higher nursing position titles pursuant to Republic Act No. 9173 (Philippine Nursing Act of 2002) and its implementing guidelines under Department of Budget and Management (DBM) Budget Circular No. 2020-04.”
The modifications are as follows:
• From Nurse 2 with SG 15 to Nurse 1 with SG 15
• From Nurse 3 with SG 17 to Nurse 2 with SG 17
• From Nurse 4 with SG 19 to Nurse 3 with SG 19
• From Nurse 5 with SG 20 to Nurse 4 with SG 20
• From Nurse 6 with SG 22 to Nurse 5 with SG 22
• From Nurse 7 with SG 24 to Nurse 6 with SG 24
“The amount necessary to implement this Ordinance shall be taken from existing and available funds appropriated for such purpose under the Fiscal Year 2021 Executive Budget,” the ordinance read.
The ordinance further added that all subsequent appropriations thereafter should be integrated into the city’s annual budget.