Presidential aspirant Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago revealed that she won’t be in the podium for the second round of the eagerly anticipated Comelec and TV5 Pilipinas Presidential debates which is to be held next Sunday at the University of the Philippines in Cebu City.
Senator Miriam points out health reasons as the reason of her no participation in the 2016 second national debates for presidential hopefuls.
The Senator from Iloilo was cited as saying “I am very sorry to miss out on the debates, but it would be a disservice to the country if I forego the opportunity to get rid of my cancer completely and strengthen myself further to serve the Filipino people,” Santiago explained.
In a statement released last Thursday, Senator Santiago mentioned she’ll go through a medical trial for a “new, unnamed anti-cancer pill” on March 20, the same day of the Comelec-initiated national debate scheduled in the “Queen City of the South”
The Senator previously revealed that she presently overcome cancer when she publicized her intent to run for the President of the Philippines, the feisty lawmaker continues to be optimistic about her health condition, even stating that “nobody dies of cancer anymore as long as you have the money.”
The author of Cybercrime Act of 2012 said last Thursday she volunteered to be part of a global clinical trial in order to get hold of the medicine, which said to be costs half a million pesos per three weeks of therapy. The clinical trial additionally requires the Senator to pass through outpatient radiation treatments.
Though the Senator already stated that she won’t show up at the second round of the debate hosted by TV5, Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago mentioned that she will try her very best to participate in the third and final round of Pilipinas Presidential Debate which is scheduled on April 25 at the University of Pangasinan in Dagupan City and will be aired by ABS-CBN.